What is Selenium?
Selenium is an essential trace mineral that supports a healthy thyroid gland, supports the immune system, is essential for metabolic pathways, and much more. Selenium even plays a role in the natural function of reproductive health, DNA production, and eyesight.
As a powerful antioxidant, selenium helps fight free radicals and may even be considered a super antioxidant' because of the way in which it may support other antioxidants.
One of its most valuable roles is supporting the natural production of glutathione peroxidase, a key antioxidant enzyme that supports the thyroid and even helps recycle vitamin E and vitamin C into active scavengers of free radicals.
Infowars Life’s high-potency Bio-True Selenium capsules are made from 100% certified organic mustard seeds and each serving delivers 200 mcg of food-derived, vegan-friendly selenium.
The Top 5 Reasons You Need Selenium
1. A Powerful Antioxidant
Selenium is an antioxidant that fights free radicals that damage cells and may lead to premature aging. Selenium’s antioxidant status also helps support the immune system naturally.
2. Healthy Thyroid Support
Much like iodine, selenium is important for normal thyroid function. Selenium is necessary for the production of thyroid hormones, and a selenium deficiency can negatively affect healthy hormone balance and normal thyroid function.
3. Supports Cardiovascular Health
Selenium plays a notable role in supprting normal cardiovascular health. Selenium can benefit heart health by soothing oxidative stress and supporting normal circulation.
4. Food-Sourced Formula
Unlike many selenium formulas out there, Infowars Life Bio-True Selenium™ is never synthetic. It’s a whole food form of selenium extracted from 100% certified organic mustard seed. Each high-potency capsule delivers 200 mcg of highly bioavailable, organically sourced selenium.
5. Unparalleled Quality
Infowars Life’s high-potency selenium formula is produced in the USA at a state of the art manufacturing facility equipped with all modern equipment that adheres to cGMP guidelines and has achieved ISO 22000 certification -- the highest in food safety.
Interesting Facts About Selenium
- Selenium concentrations decline with age.
- Selenium is more concentrated in the thyroid than any other area of the body.
- Foods reputed to be good sources of selenium include Brazil Nuts, brewer's yeast, wheat germ, garlic, grains, sunflower seeds, walnuts, raisins, and seafood.
- Soil levels of selenium can vary dramatically from one region to the next.
The Health Benefits of Selenium
- Selenium is one of the body's primary antioxidant enzymes
- Supports normal thyroid and immune function in healthy individuals.
- Encourages normal oxygen levels in the heart.
- Supports healthy bones and joints.
- Required for the production of prostaglandins that promote healthy blood flow.
- In synergy with vitamin E, selenium supports energy producing cells.
The Top 3 Questions People Ask About Selenium
1. How much selenium is enough? The recommended dietary allowance of selenium for adults can range from 55-200mcg. Adult females may need as little as 55 mcg; adult males as little as 70 mcg; pregnant females at least 65 mcg; and 75 mcg/day for lactating females. For adults, the safe upper limit is 400 mcg/day.
2. Why is consistent consumption of selenium important? Selenium is a trace mineral and we only need a small amount of it. However, because it plays a role in many important functions, it may get used quickly. A selenium supplement can help ensure regular and consistent availability of this important nutrient.
3. Why is mustard seed used? Mustard seeds are an excellent, vegan-friendly source of selenium and other nutrients. In fact, Infowars Life’s Bio-True Selenium™ extract even offers cofactors and co-nutrients from the mustard seeds that help the activity of the selenium.
Get your bottle of the revolutionary Infowars Life Bio-True Selenium and start experiencing the powerful benefits for yourself.